Join the Carvel team at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2021
by Helen George — Sep 16, 2021
We’re thrilled to share Carvel on the keynote stage with the global cloud native audience. Whether you’re attending virtually or in-person, you’ll hear from Shatarupa Nandi covering the tool suite with a demo included on October 15, 2021, at 9:40am PDT.
Keynote Abstract ¶
Today we can move beyond traditional ‘imperative’ package management approaches and instead use Kubernetes to ensure that packaged applications are automatically updated in the way that we need. Want to use the latest version of one package, but pick up only patch releases for another, all the time, automatically? Want to take advantage of GitOps to govern application updates? You can, with lightweight, easy-to-use Kubernetes tooling. And that’s just the beginning. Join us to see how the Carvel project team is re-imagining package management for Kubernetes to bring you a modern, declarative way to automate end-to-end lifecycle management of packaged applications and their dependencies.
New to Carvel? ¶
Carvel is a suite of small, focused tools all built with a few guiding principles in mind:
- Declarative APIs so users can focus on their desired state and let the system get them there
- Composable, modular building blocks to give users full flexibility in how they work, while still preserving extensibility in their workflow
We have tools to meet your various needs. Need help with templating or overlaying your Kubernetes configurations? Try ytt. Need an easy way to manage the lifecycle of Kubernetes resources? Try kapp. Need to get software installed and keep it updated on a Kubernetes cluster in a secure and automated way or need to package and distribute your software to your users? Try kapp-controller and its package management APIs, which were launched last month. If you are interested in learning more about Carvel’s package management before the keynote, check out this blog post.
How to attend KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2021 ¶
You can register for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon at their website. Registrations are open till Oct 15, and for virtual attendance you can access the keynotes for free!
Join us on Slack and GitHub ¶
We are excited about this new adventure and we want to hear from you and learn with you. Here are several ways you can get involved:
- Join Carvel’s slack channel, #carvel in Kubernetes workspace and connect with over 900+ Carvel users.
- Find us on GitHub. Suggest how we can improve the project, the docs, or share any other feedback.
- Attend our Community Meetings, happening every Thursday at 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET. Check out the Community page for full details on how to attend.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope you join us in building a strong packaging and distribution story for applications on Kubernetes!