Getting Started With ytt, Part 2
by Varsha Munishwar — Nov 15, 2022
Welcome to Part 2 of the “Getting started with ytt” tutorial series! ¶
In this part, we will cover the following:
- Summary of Part 1
- Dive into a slightly more involved scenario to solve a common problem in Kubernetes
- Learn why some set of labels are required to be in sync
- Introduce a ytt feature to avoid misconfigurations due to manual edits
Getting started with ytt - Part 2 ¶
- The key moments/timestamps are available if you watch on youtube. Please click on “more” and “view all”.
- Here is the sample deployment configuration that is used in this tutorial to deploy the application on kubernetes cluster.
- Visit the documentation for more information on functions in ytt.
- In this tutorial, we are deploying the application on Kubernetes using Carvel’s deployment tool called kapp. If you are interested to know more, here is the link.
Happy Templating :)
We would love to know if there are other Carvel topics, either ytt-specific or any of our other tools (imgpkg, kapp, kapp-controller, kbld, secretgen-controller, vendir, ytt), that you would like to see as a tutorial by reaching out to us in either in one of the channels listed in the section below, or on Twitter @carvel_dev or emailing us with your suggestion.
Join the Carvel Community ¶
We are excited to hear from you and learn with you! Here are several ways you can get involved:
- Join Carvel’s slack channel, #carvel in Kubernetes workspace, and connect with over 1000+ Carvel users.
- Find us on GitHub. Suggest how we can improve the project, the docs, or share any other feedback.
- Attend our Community Meetings! Check out the Community page for full details on how to attend.
We look forward to hearing from you and hope you join us in building a strong packaging and distribution story for applications on Kubernetes!